Sat, Feb 23
Come join us as we close out Black History Month with our annual Festival of Spirituals, renamed in honor of our late and much-missed founder and long-time artistic director, Mæstro Bobby Wiggins.
— Featured Guests include —
- Grambling State University Concert Choir under the direction of our own Natorshau Davis — they get better every year!
- The world-famous A Cappella Choir of Wiley College, who sang a cappella during the end credits of the 2016 hit movie The Birth of a Nation! Under the direction of new director Carlos B. Brown
- Heritage of Baton Rouge (which holds a similar Festival of Spirituals there on the first weekend of Black History Month each year, in which we participate), under the direction of Clarence Jones
- South Dallas Concert Choir under the direction of Alfreylenn Roberts
- River Cities Jubilee Chorus under the direction of Wendell Glass — they sing Spirituals in the Barbershop style!
- The award-winning Cordova High School Choir, from all the way in Cordova, TN, under the direction of Adrian Maclin
- The Huntsville Spiritual Chorale from way over in Huntsville, AL, under the direction of William Davis and Brenda Daniels-Davis
- Our own New Dimensions Youth Chorale under the direction of our own Julie Lester — talented young voices!
- The Ebony Jubilee Singers under the direction of our own John Collins — even younger voices!
- Some local Middle and High School choirs have also been invited.
(This list may be updated. Watch this space!)
Free & open to the public! (A love offering will be requested.)
NEW! Can’t make it in person? Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church is live-streaming it!
(But do come in person if you can. No live-stream or DVD can capture the full experience of being there!)